CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 27, 2010

Wooden Memory Pumpkins




This year I wanted to use some of our favorite Halloween pictures to
decorate with. My 5 year old helped me go through boxes of old photos and pull out ALL the Halloween pictures. Then they sat around in a pile for DAYS while I tried to figure out how to use them.
I had so many favorites it was REALLY hard to choose!

While working on another project (mod podging pictures to 2 x 6 blocks)
This idea was born.

So I turned a bunch of various sized 2 x 6 into pumpkins.

Nothing fussy, just cut a variety of lengths, I didn't even measure!
Paint, sand, and antique the blocks.
Use mod podge to adhere the pictures to the blocks. On a few of them I added some scrapbook paper frames.
Mod podge over the top of the pictures too.

I found a good chunky branch and cut it into a variety of lengths for stems.
Glue the stems on top with hot glue or gorilla glue.
I tied a bow and glued on some silk leaves and berries.

We ALL have loved having our favorite old pics on display!

I'm linking up with:

7 comments:

Janet said...

What a great idea! I love that you added your kids Halloween pictures. Very cute!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I want to make some for myself.

Janet Dillon Robinson said...

How cute!! I love the ones you added scrapbook paper too! :) Great way to use halloween photos!

Gail said...

Oh My Goodness...they are so cute! I just love them. I will have to try and make a few myself. Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog.

Have a wonderful day.
Gail

Karen Sabrsula said...

What a clever idea and a great way to display memories!! Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment on my furniture piece. The top was done with a stencil from the now defunct Ralph Lauren collection. I love using stencils!!
Happy Painting!

Karen

Beth said...

Such an adorable idea! Love it!

Unknown said...

I there. Popping over from A to Z. I just love the photo pumpkins. What an adorable idea for featuring photos and yet keeping things seasonal. I'm picturing Christmas gifts in December. Thanks for the great tutorial. I'm your newest follower.

http://boyohboyohboycrafts.blogspot.com