CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

My New Favorite Breakfast Roll

These are orange cream cheese rolls. Perfect for a special morning.

And SO good! The dough has sour cream in it, so it is tender and moist. The filling is good stuff like cream cheese and sugar with orange zest. There is supposed to be a glaze on top of these but unfortunately my pantry lacked powdered sugar on this day (gasp) but they are still just so. so. good.

I got the original recipe here, at Cooks.com
I tweaked a few things though.
I made the dough according to the recipe directions.
But instead of doing the braid I made more of a sweet roll shape.
Roll all the dough out into a large rectangle shape.
The filling is the same except for I added the zest of one orange.
Slather that goodness all over the dough.

Roll it up and pinch the end closed

I use a long piece of thread to cut each roll.
Place them on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart and let rise until double in size.
Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes. Until nice and golden, but don't over bake, you know the rules.

If I had made the glaze I would have followed the recipe, making these changes:
Use juice from the orange you zested instead of milk, and about 1 tsp orange zest.







7 comments:

Elder Esplin said...

OH MAN! These look SOOOO good. I am SO going to try out this recipe. Thanks! Oh, and thanks for stopping by and leavin' me some love on my post about my {baking zone} you made my day.

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

Janet Dillon Robinson said...

These look YUMMY! :] How long did it take you?

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Yum! These look scrumptious, can't wait to try them!

Cara

Shanna said...

Those look yummy!! I am wondering what you have the dough rolled out on.

Maria said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments! I have to tell you that what happened to the bishop out there, totally hit home for me. My husband has been bishop for 1 year now, and we have had a few crazy guys come into the chapel during church. I felt sick to my stomach for the wife and kids of the Bishop. I have heard many sweet stories that have come from it though. Thank goodness for our faith!

Taija said...

Shanna- I rolled them out on a pastry cloth that my mom made me. I think it's just a heavy duty cloth like canvas. She sewed red binding (or biast tape) around the edges.

The Tuscan Home said...

My goodness...that looks DIVINE!! I'm your newest follower, great blog!! ~Liz