CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Talk Show Cookies

The other day I was listening to the radio in my car when a favorite young singer of mine came on the show (okay I'll just say it. . .it was Taylor Swift!) She was talking about the cookies she made for the radio hosts. She said her favorite new trick is to cut back on the sugar and add cake mix to the dough. What a fun idea! I like chocolate chip cookies, I like cake mix cookies. Why not put the two together? So I tried it. Good one Taylor!!! They are yumm-o!
I had left over cake mix so I made a crumb topping out of it and sprinkled in on my cookie balls before baking. My husband and kids loved them. So did I, that's why they went to work with my husband today!

Thanks Taylor Swift!

Chocolate chip/Cake Mix Cookies

1/2 C Granulated sugar

1/2 C Brown sugar

1 C White or yellow cake mix

1 C butter

2 Eggs

1 t vanilla

3 C flour

1 t salt

1 t baking soda

1 bag chocolate chips

Cream together sugar, cake mix and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl and slowly add to creamed mixture. Add chocolate chips. Roll into one inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Crumb topping:

1 C cake mix (white or yellow)

1/2 C butter

Using a fork cut the butter into the cake mix until coarse crumbs are formed. Sprinkle crumbs on top of cookie dough before baking.


1 comment:

Clandestine Road said...

I made these and they were great. Thanks!